The Jazz and the Broadway.
Popular songs have always served jazz as improvisational material. Especially the great Broadway tunes up to the 1960s were a good source and inspired the jazz musicians of that time. In addition, around Broadway jazz clubs and theaters were door to door for many years, composers and musicians appreciated each other and had friends in crossing genre boundaries. This resulted in unique jazz versions of important and timeless Broadway compositions from West Side Story, My Fair Lady, Porgy And Bess, Gigi, Anything Goes, Pal Joey and Jumbo. The brilliant arrangements are full of the individual aesthetics and genius of legendary jazz musicians such as Chet Baker, Miles Davis, Oscar Peterson, Dave Brubeck, André Previn, Shelly Manne, Billy Taylor, Dudley Moore, Sonny Red and Red Garland.
V.A. - Jazz And Broadway
1 x Marbled 180g Vinyl
- The Dave Brubeck Quartet Tonight West Side Story
- André Previn And His Pals Maria West Side Story
- Chet Baker Thank Heaven For Little Girls Gigi
- Billy Taylor Trio I Could Have Danced All Night My Fair Lady
- Shelly Manne & Friends Wouldn‘t It Be Loverly My Fair Lady
- Oscar Peterson Summertime Porgy And Bess
- Miles Davis I Loves You, Porgy Porgy And Bess
- Dudley Moore I Get A Kick Out Of You Anything Goes
- Sonny Red Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered Pal Joey
- The Red Garland Trio My Romance Jumbo